Thursday, August 28, 2008



can i take off my mask in front of you?
can i be safe with you knowing
who i really am?
can you accept me, with all my flaws?
can i accept me, with all my flaws?
i am human.
i am not perfect.
i can make mistakes and still be ok.
it's taken time to get to this point.
i have been given freedom from a ton of shame.
it no longer binds me like it did.
there are times when it flared up,
i won't deny that.
i am able to use postive self talk
as best i can
to feed myself the truth
and to not feed the lies.
am i still broken?
yes i am.
it won't be till my Lord takes me home,
then i will have pure freedom
from the humaness of this life.
but until then,
i will grow through the pains of this life.
i will feel the hurt, the joy.
i will keep trusting Abba.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Beautifully written. Those are questions I ask myself, too, hon.

I see truth and wisdom in these words you have written. I also see lots of growth!

love and hugs,
Abigail